Four Things to Know About Smile Makeover Treatment
A smile makeover can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth if you have issues like chipped teeth, cracks, stains, or gaps. Dual-trained prosthodontist and cosmetic dentist Dr. Stella Oh can provide a more confident smile through a wide range of procedures in New York, NY. But before you undergo any treatments, it's important to understand how a smile makeover works and what the process entails.
Madison Avenue Dentists understands that everyone has unique needs when it comes to dental care. We are committed to providing custom procedures for each one of our patients, including treatments like teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, and orthodontics. Here are four things you should know about smile makeovers at our clinic.
1. A great smile starts with a consultation
Madison Avenue Dentists will conduct a thorough examination of your mouth, teeth, and gums to determine which smile makeover treatments best suit your needs. We also take photographs and x-rays to get a clear picture of your teeth and jawbone. Before creating a plan, we take into account your oral health and desired results.
Keep in mind that underlying concerns like gum disease or cavities must be addressed before we perform any cosmetic treatments. Our team wants to ensure your smile is both healthy and beautiful.
2. We offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry procedures
Dr. Oh may recommend one or more of the following smile makeover procedures in New York, NY:
- Teeth whitening: This popular treatment brightens teeth that have been stained by food, drink, or smoking. Teeth whitening is one of the least invasive ways to enhance the appearance of your smile.
- Dental veneers: Veneers are made of thin porcelain bonded to the front of your teeth. They can cover chipped teeth, cracks, small gaps, and other minor cosmetic imperfections.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontic procedures straighten crooked or rotated teeth to create a more uniform smile.
- Bonding and contouring: Bonding may restore chipped or cracked teeth, while contouring can be used to reshape teeth that are too small or have irregular edges.
- Replacing old metal fillings: Tooth-colored fillings and crowns provide a more natural-looking smile that looks like your own enamel.
3. The smile makeover process takes time
Smile makeovers may require multiple visits to Madison Avenue Dentists over the course of several weeks or months. Depending on your case, you may need to wear temporary restorations while your new teeth are being made. Dr. Oh will provide a detailed schedule, so you know what to expect and when.
4. You'll need to take care of your new smile
After your smile makeover, it's important to practice good oral hygiene habits and visit our staff for regular checkups. This will ensure that your new smile lasts for years to come. We suggest patients avoid tobacco use and staining foods and drinks to keep their teeth looking their best. Wearing a mouthguard when playing certain sports can also protect your smile from issues like damaged or chipped teeth.
Try a smile makeover
Don't let small imperfections keep you from smiling with complete confidence. Schedule a consultation with dual-trained prosthodontist and cosmetic dentist Dr. Stella Oh to learn how our advanced smile makeovers work in New York, NY. Call Madison Avenue Dentists to request an appointment and start your journey to a more beautiful grin.